Page MenuHomePhabricator

ISA Tool : Results tab not loading at all
Open, Needs TriagePublicBUG REPORT

Description

Steps to replicate the issue (include links if applicable):

  • I have been trying to reach the final results tab of our latest campaign. I may have clicked on reload that page possibly 30 times in 3 days. Nothing has ever loaded. I get a 502 bad gateway report
  • https://isa.toolforge.org/campaigns/228/stats

What happens?:

  • 502 absolutely every time

What should have happened instead?:

  • the results page should have loaded
  • it is a big issue that we run campaigns (with prizes on top) and that the tool does not make it possible to see the outcomes of the campaign. I do not know if it is a display issue or calculating the results, but we really need to find a solution to fix this recurring issue.

Help please !

Software version (skip for WMF-hosted wikis like Wikipedia):

Other information (browser name/version, screenshots, etc.):

Event Timeline

@Anthere I tried to reproduce this bug but it seems on live there is no campaign with id 288. Please could you give more details, such as the campaign name?

There is one... this is "Wiki Loves Africa 2022 Home + Habitat » campaign.
Started 2022-11-01 and closed 2023-01-15
(it is a closed campaign now)

This is a large campaign (15912 images and 95413 contributions)

And yes... it is not loading anymore at all on my side

@Anthere I tried to reproduce this bug but it seems on live there is no campaign with id 288. Please could you give more details, such as the campaign name?

It's 288, not 228. Just click on the given link https://isa.toolforge.org/campaigns/228/stats and you'll be able to replicate it too.

There is one... this is "Wiki Loves Africa 2022 Home + Habitat » campaign.
Started 2022-11-01 and closed 2023-01-15
(it is a closed campaign now)

This is a large campaign (15912 images and 95413 contributions)

And yes... it is not loading anymore at all on my side

I can replicate the bug.

I can also reproduce this. I tried locally too and while it didn't result in an error it took 40 seconds to get the response. A very quick debug shows that in getCampaignStatsById() the call of get_all_camapaign_stats_data() took 10 seconds and get_table_stats() 40 seconds. Then rendering in the browser took about 30 seconds.

I finally figured out a possible technical issue with that route. Submitting a fix for this.

Change 904918 had a related patch set uploaded (by Eugene233; author: Eugene233):

[labs/tools/Isa@master] ISA Tool : Results tab not loading at all

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/904918

This comment was removed by Bennylin.

Change 950017 had a related patch set uploaded (by Eugene233; author: Eugene233):

[labs/tools/Isa@m2c] ISA Tool : Results tab not loading at all

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/950017

Change 904918 abandoned by Eugene233:

[labs/tools/Isa@master] ISA Tool : Results tab not loading at all

Reason:

In favor of https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/labs/tools/Isa/+/950017

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/904918

Change 954936 had a related patch set uploaded (by Eugene233; author: Eugene233):

[labs/tools/Isa@main] ISA Tool : Results tab not loading at all

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/954936

Change 950017 abandoned by Eugene233:

[labs/tools/Isa@m2c] ISA Tool : Results tab not loading at all

Reason:

Cherry picked to new main branch

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/950017