Steps to replicate the issue (include links if applicable):
- Go to any page in Vector-2022 that does not have a table of contents, i.e. https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Cecilia_(royal_mistress)&useskin=vector-2022&safemode=1
- Ensure the "Main menu" is hidden, so that there is no sidebar visible
- Use your cursor to select the text of the title, starting at the right. Slowly expand your selection towards the left.
The first few characters aren't selectable because #mw-panel-toc overlaps it.
What should have happened instead?:
I should be able to select the characters. In my case I also use the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Anomie/useridentifier.js script, which adds the clickable icons you see next to the title in the above screenshot, but I am unable to click on them.
Other information (browser name/version, screenshots, etc.):
Tested in Chrome 108.0.5359.124 on Ubuntu
Not observed in Firefox 109.0
Observable in Firefox 112.0a1 on Windows
Adding display: none to #mw-panel-toc seems to fix it.
- Go to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Star_Trek_television_series
- Try to select the word category or star in the H1 title, by dragging the across the bottom of the word
- You'll also notice that your cursor is the pointer, instead of the text selector when hovering the same area.
Gif with TOC box colored red
QA Results - Prod