- Title of session: Cool new things in MediaWiki
- Session description: An overview of interfaces and patterns that can be used in new MediaWiki code, which people might have missed.
- Username for contact: @Lucas_Werkmeister_WMDE
- Session duration (25 or 50 min): 25 minutes is probably enough
- Session type (presentation, workshop, discussion, etc.): presentation, probably
- Language of session (English, Arabic, etc.): English
- Prerequisites (some Python, etc.): PHP and MediaWiki development (unless we widen the scope to the JS side too? but I’m more aware of PHP-side improvements)
- Any other details to share?:
- Interested? Add your username below:
I could imagine two styles of doing this collaboratively: collecting everyone’s ideas for things to mention in advance (and then have one person putting together a presentation and holding it), or having people suggest things during the session.
Incomplete list of things to mention:
- service container, dependency injection
- hook handler classes (instead of static methods)
- $lbFactory->getPrimaryDatabase(), $lbFactory->getReplicaDatabase(), IReadableDatabase