There is no hint about if it's required or not to add a category in the wizard. If it's skipped (or simply missed by the user since it is obscured behind a "more options" link in most languages where the translation is not changed already) the wizard is complaining about the missing category by adding an ugly error message to the file description page. So it IS required to add a category?
I (and many other users, as seen on the feedback page) request multiple changes:
- Change the text "more options" to "add categories and additional information" in ALL languages.
- Make the category input permanently visible. This very simple change will solve the problem for all the users that simply missed it (that's what this bug report is about).
- Make the upload wizard NOT drop what the user entered in the category input field when he presses Next without pressing Add first (that's reported as bug #28850).
- Make it a required field or add at least a warning message if the user added no categories.
- Remove the ugly error message thats currently added to the file description pages.
More about all the other bugs I found: