Group coordinator is: @NicoleLBee
This is a task to collect ideas and progress from the group of volunteers who agreed to help with documentation at the Wikimedia Hackathon 2023 in Athens.
- Generate Etherpad links and add them to the schedule. For example:
- For the closing session, use a different format. For example:
- https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Hackathon_2021/Showcase (create this wiki page after the showcase is complete)
- Ensure all documentation related to the event is up to date on the Hackathon wiki, Phabricator, and any other relevant venues, for example, notes taken during a session and information on projects showcased in Etherpad, link to blog posts and photo gallery on Commons, adding illustrations from Wikimedia Commons on Hackathon wiki, etc. Page to be updated post event: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Hackathon_2023/Documentation
- See completed projects & blog posts from 2019's Hackathon: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Hackathon_2019/Outcomes#Event_blogging
- Showcase notes linked from the home page: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Hackathon_2019
- Be active in the Telegram channel dedicated to volunteers and participate in in-person syncs at the beginning of each day during the Hackathon.
- Contribute to other volunteering areas related to documentation - session coordination, event blogging, announcements, photography, etc.
- Be a point of contact for the volunteer group and lead coordination efforts!
- Reach out to potential volunteers a few weeks before the event via email, informing them about their roles and responsibilities and asking them to subscribe to this Phabricator task to stay up to date. Organizers will share a spreadsheet with contact details.
- Invite volunteers to join the WMHack 2023 Volunteers channel on Telegram.
- Sync up with volunteers of your group at the beginning of each day during the event and provide the necessary support to volunteers & organizers.
- After the event, ensure no volunteering-related task remains to be resolved on Phabricator. Send a thank you message to volunteers in the form of a Wiki love token. It will be shared by organizers with all leaders soon.