Group coordinator is: @KCVelaga_WMF
This is a task to collect ideas and progress from the group of volunteers who agreed to help with AV operation for sessions & workshops at Wikimedia Hackathon 2023 in Athens.
- Help with live streaming opening and closing ceremonies, setting up, operating, and troubleshooting audio & video equipment for presentation-style sessions. Add your name as an "AV Operator" for a session in the schedule.
- Be active in the Telegram channel dedicated to volunteers and participate in in-person syncs at the beginning of each day during the Hackathon.
- Encourage volunteers to add their name as an “AV operator” in the schedule for a session they are interested in helping with.
- Run an information session before the event to help volunteers understand how they can help with live stream opening & closing ceremonies, setting up, operating, and troubleshooting audio & video equipment for presentation-style sessions.
- Be a point of contact for the volunteer group and lead coordination efforts!
- Reach out to potential volunteers a few weeks before the event via email, informing them about their roles and responsibilities and asking them to subscribe to this Phabricator task to stay up to date. Organizers will share a spreadsheet with contact details.
- Invite volunteers to join the WMHack 2023 Volunteers channel on Telegram.
- Sync up with volunteers of your group at the beginning of each day during the event and provide the necessary support to volunteers & organizers.
- After the event, ensure no volunteering-related task remains to be resolved on Phabricator. Send a thank you message to volunteers in the form of a Wiki love token. It will be shared by organizers with all leaders soon.