As part of the IP Masking project, temporary accounts created will have a user page and access to Echo notifications.
As a person who has a temporary account,
I want to be sure that this is temporary different from a regular user account,
So that I can be assured I have not signed up to Wikipedia.
Previous proposed designs
- Existing userAnonymous icon from Codex/OOUI
- Used as a placeholder in early work on IP Masking, but considered not ideal as a misrepresentation of the person being incognito in the same way as browser incognito mode.
- Can be confusing for the Unregistered/Anonymous editor user type that would still exist in many places during the MVP
- Stylistically very different from the userAvatar icon
- Dotted outline avatar
- Used in Growth usability tests (see figma) with no negative feedback.
- Dotted line is more indicative of the ephemeral nature of the user account but may be harder to notice at the smaller resolution.
Acceptance criteria for Done
- The design of the new icon is ready, and it follows our icon system guidelines
- The new icon has been reviewed with help from the DST and main stakeholders in AHT, Growth, and Web team
- The icon is recognizable on low DPI resolutions
- The icon has been exported as an optimized SVG and added to this task’s description
- The new icon has been included in our Icon System Figma file, and the library has been published
- Add icon in Codex
Add icon in OOUImoved to separate task T338165