User story & summary:
As the Growth team, I want to quickly determine if the Personalized praise features are being used and having a positive impact on newcomers because if we see any negative impact then we will want to revert changes and if we don't see any positive changes then we will need to make further improvements or consider sunsetting the features.
Short term questions:
- What is the number of messages sent from mentor to mentee?
- What is the number of messages sent from mentor to mentee that were initiated from the “Send praise” button on the mentor dashboard?
- What is the number of messages sent from mentor to mentee that were not initiated from the “Send praise” button on the mentor dashboard.
- What percent of mentees who are surfaced as praiseworthy are receiving a message from their mentor?
- What percent of notifications received by mentors are being clicked on
- Out of all of the messages sent through the “Send appreciation” feature, what proportion are positive/encouraging?
- Is there a difference in activity and retention for the group of newcomers who have mentors with the Personalize praise features vs. the group that doesn't have mentorship.
|Indicator||Expected result||Plan of action|
|Mentorship + Personalized Praise notification click through||At least 10% of Mentors who view a Personalised praise notification click on it||If this number is much lower than the click through on other notifications, then we should investigate if there are technical issues or an issue with the language used.|
|Mentorship + Personalized Praise mentor dashboard module click through||At least 10% of Mentors who view a Personalised praise suggestion on their Mentor dashboard end up clicking through to send praise||If this threshold is met then we should investigate if there are technical issues or an issue with how Mentors are interpreting this call to action.|
- Work with the Product Manager and Growth team to establish leading indicators for [new features]
- Document leading indicators on the Positive Reinforcement page
- Post MVP launch of the Personalized praise features, evaluate and record a summary of leading indicator results on [project page]
- Share summary of findings with the Growth team