Currently, it appears as if editors can add mul descriptions in the termbox. But when they try, they receive an error message, that says mul is not allowed for descriptions. We need to make this more intuitive.
- In story writing, it was decided to split the original task into viewing (T329644) and editing (T338302).
- T332174 does the same thing for mobile
- The reason is that we only allow the language code mul for Labels and Aliases and not for descriptions (T313027).
- Remove descriptions for mul language code from the users' termbox workflow
- On edit mode, the description field in the termbox is disabled, and displays a placeholder that says "not applicable"
- When editing an Item on desktop, the termbox shows a disabled edit field for descriptions for mul (see mockup).
- Users of screen reader technology receive the right prompt on edit mode (see specs)
- Release to test.wikidata.org
- UX: The visual appearance of disabled fields in the termbox is unclear. In case the background changes color (e.g., from white to gray), we might run into a contrast issue that would require adjusting the design specs.