|operations/puppet||production||+1 -1||profile::trafficserver::backend: switch ores traffic to ores-legacy|
|operations/dns||master||+1 -1||Lower ores.wikimedia.org's TTL to 5M|
- ores-legacy is fully in production, scaled up and ready to take traffic.
- The WME team is going to move their traffic to Lift Wing tomorrow (if everything goes as planned).
- After an initial false start, the MediaWiki ORES extension is being configured to use Lift Wing. We have currently only two wikis with the feature enabled (itwiki and fiwiki), but we are planning to enable it for all the remaining ones during then next couple of weeks.
- The WME team's migration will remove one of the biggest consumers of the revision-score stream, so we'll be able to hopefully announce its deprecation after that (removing the only blocker left to remove ChangeProp's traffic from the bare metal ORES nodes' traffic).
The plan is the following:
- We get enwiki and wikidata (all mediawiki extension traffic) on LW next week (around 11-13 September).
- Given all goes well, we communicate in wikitech-l of our intention to switch ores.wikimedia.org DNS entry to point to ores-legacy around 20-27th of September.
- Do the DNS switch.
The changeprop stream has been stopped and ORES traffic has significantly decreased (4 times less traffic than when the stream was activated.)
Current requests are approx 600k/day of which approx 300k come from Twisted Pagegetter - a bot/crawler that only hits /v3/scores