Lexeme browser tests are currently disabled to allow upgrading the CI images to Node 16+ (see T293081, T256626, T314470). This means that also our daily runs of those tests against the beta cluster are currently not working.
While we also need to decide how to move forward with those browser tests in general, which will be a different task (T346260), we probably want to use this situation to also reevaluate running these tests daily against beta.
Questions to answer:
- What were the original motivation for running these browser tests against beta?
- What benefits have we actually gained from doing that?
- What costs do we incur from doing that?
- What options do we have for moving forward and what are their tradeoffs?
- Lightweight ADR for proposed decision is publicly available and discoverable
- Decision regarding a way forward is made
- Necessary changes are either implemented OR a follow-up task for them is created