The first version of client preferences in side bar will look like this:
It will not be pinnable so we recognize this temporary state may annoy certain users as they will not have the ability to make it go away. This will be taken care of in a follow up iteration of the functionality
- The menu should only appear when the existing client preferences feature flag is enabled.
- The first version will not have pinning functionality
- The menu should be dynamic based on which features have been enabled.
- It will disappear at low resolutions (e.g. resizing browser) [in future this will become pinned]
- A new container is added. It appears below the page tools when page tools is open
- Load codex-styles instead of codex-search-styles for logged in users
- You will need to adjust the existing pinning code which allows content to expand when page tools is collapsed as this space will now always be reserved.
- Make sure codex-styles is not loaded for anonymous users and that we haven't introduced a performance regression.
- Review the following states:
- page tools open [settings should appear below]
- page tools closed [settings should appear above]
- Make sure click tracking is functioning for interactions with the settings - each selection of an option should have an associated click tracking event (testing desktop site is sufficient for now)