Page MenuHomePhabricator

Translated page is not updated when a translation string page is moved
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

Neither the moving source page nor target page is updated.


Version: unspecified
Severity: minor

Details

Reference
bz37297

Event Timeline

bzimport raised the priority of this task from to Lowest.Nov 22 2014, 12:24 AM
bzimport set Reference to bz37297.
bzimport added a subscriber: Unknown Object (MLST).
liangent created this task.Jun 2 2012, 11:20 AM

Please explain what pages exactly did you move and why.

(In reply to comment #1)

Please explain what pages exactly did you move and why.

For example on a meta's normal config of translatable page [[A/zh]], [[A/ja]], [[Translation:A/str1/zh]] ([[Translation:A/str1/ja]] does not exist). When I found [[Translation:A/str1/zh]] is actually in Japanese so I move it to [[Translation:A/str1/ja]], neither [[A/zh]] nor [[A/ja]] is updated.

This is "normal", because the last entry in history will be a fake one. You have to make a dummy edit and it will be fixed (on ja). I don't know how hard it would be to fix it but lowering severity because it's an edge cases with an easy almost complete solution/workaround (which is widely used on MediaWiki albeit annoyin).

(In reply to comment #3)

This is "normal", because the last entry in history will be a fake one. You
have to make a dummy edit and it will be fixed (on ja). I don't know how hard
it would be to fix it but lowering severity because it's an edge cases with an
easy almost complete solution/workaround (which is widely used on MediaWiki
albeit annoyin).

I doubt whether an empty edit on ja fixes [[A/zh]]

Change 145057 had a related patch set uploaded by Kunalgrover05:
Update translation page on moving translation unit

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/145057

Change 145057 merged by jenkins-bot:
Update translation page on moving translation unit

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/145057