Including general topics included in each one.
Chris and I had a meeting today and we talked about this. Our notes are here:
I will paste them here, in case the pad disappears:
The first meeting would be a meetup, Dan talking about vagrant/puppet. Appox. one workshop/talk a month, but we do not have to have a workshop/talk every month.
- Vagrant and puppet internals (two or one topic? ask Dan)
- in general
- for browser tests
- make the first contribution from mediawiki-vagrant machine
- running browser tests from mediawiki-vagrant machine
- which browsers are available?
- Survey of practice of all tested extensions. - how stuff is implemented, tips and tricks (Chris to do the survey and collate examples for discussion)
- example: rspec expect syntax
- example: step re-use in MF
- example: heuristics for identifying real bugs vs. test problems (including good ATDD descriptions and confusing ATDD descriptions)
- Current issues and problems with tests and systems (e.g. performance; IE; Selenium vs VE; etc.)
- Jenkins architecture and limitations
- Cursoring in VE
- handling iframes well
- challenges for Flow
- REALLY do ATDD/BDD. How can we make the tests pass before merge to master?
- Exploratory testing
- guest speaker? (Chris can think of a few SF people, Elisabeth Hendrickson)
- exploratory testing vs test automation
- Jenkins Job Builder!
- Running tests after patch set submission
- Running tests once/twice a day
- Test environments
- Current state of beta labs, testwiki, test2wiki/mw.o/etc
- Future needs
- Second beta labs?
- Bare metal env for performance testing?
- Multiple hosted vagrant or docker envs?