The focus of this work is to use the current Beta Cluster as the basis for a nightly 'build'.
- T1111:Add domains to accomodate this (use eg: en.wikipedia.nightly.wmflabs.org)
- T805: Enable multiversion (het-deploy) on Beta Cluster
- T1112: Have Jenkins update nightly.wmflabs.org once per day
- T806: Make the suite of browser tests run against the nightly version after it is finished updating (including schema changes). This may be timer-based for now, probably.
- Next step: determine if only a subset of browser tests should be run (known-good ones only?)
For the record...
This delays the creation of a second test cluster for three (main) reasons:
- It isn't clear how we'd be able to manage the "conservative" vs "liberal" distinction, and implementation, for all of the services we also run).
- The increased maintenance burden
- We can iteratively improve the current Beta Cluster (ie: Hiera) without creating a second one