Page MenuHomePhabricator

Clean Page and Index namespaces configuration for Wikisource
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

Proofread Page is now able to create automatically Page and Index namepaces with internationalized names taken in its i18n file using numbers set in $wgProofreadPageNamespaceIds .

So, we can now remove creation of Page and Index namespaces in $wgExtraNamespaces and setup of English aliases in $wgNamespaceAliases in order to let the extension create these two namespaces.

The wikis affected is all Wikisources that doesn't use the default Proofread Page namespaces (Wikisources created since Novemeber 2012), test2 and frr Wikipedia.

Note: test2 doesn't use currently $wgProofreadPageNamespaceIds but the auto-detection of the namespace system. It may be a good idea to move it to the new system before the other wikis in order to test if the code that create namespaces works well.

Notes:

Details

Reference
bz44320
Related Gerrit Patches:
operations/mediawiki-config : masterClean Wikisource namespaces

Event Timeline

bzimport raised the priority of this task from to Medium.Nov 22 2014, 1:37 AM
bzimport set Reference to bz44320.
Tpt created this task.Jan 24 2013, 8:03 PM
tomasz added a comment.Jul 5 2013, 2:49 AM

@Tpt: Haven't you done some part of this in https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/70377/ ?

(In reply to comment #1)

@Tpt: Haven't you done some part of this in
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/70377/ ?

Ping!

Tpt added a comment.Aug 10 2013, 3:07 PM

(In reply to comment #1)

@Tpt: Haven't you done some part of this in
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/70377/ ?

Yes, I have removed the setup of English aliases in $wgNamespaceAliases with this change but not creation of Page and Index namespaces in
$wgExtraNamespaces from Wikimedia config. I'll submit a change about it in September.

(In reply to comment #3)

Yes, I have removed the setup of English aliases in $wgNamespaceAliases with
this change but not creation of Page and Index namespaces in
$wgExtraNamespaces from Wikimedia config. I'll submit a change about it in
September.

Ping?

tomasz removed a project: Shell.Feb 23 2015, 7:43 PM
tomasz set Security to None.
GOIII added a subscriber: GOIII.Feb 24 2015, 5:55 AM

@Tpt could you give an update about this task?

Tpt added a comment.Apr 11 2015, 7:29 AM

@Tpt could you give an update about this task?

Removes "by hand" setup of Index: and Page: namespaces throw $wgExtraNamespaces is still to be done. It's an easy task that should not change anything outside of the configuration.

Meno25 removed a subscriber: Meno25.Feb 8 2016, 7:34 PM
Restricted Application added subscribers: JEumerus, Matanya, Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptFeb 8 2016, 7:34 PM
Dereckson updated the task description. (Show Details)Feb 13 2017, 11:06 PM
Dereckson moved this task from Backlog to Working on on the Wikimedia-Site-requests board.
In T46320#1200784, @Tpt wrote:

@Tpt could you give an update about this task?

Removes "by hand" setup of Index: and Page: namespaces throw $wgExtraNamespaces is still to be done. It's an easy task that should not change anything outside of the configuration.

Okay, I'm going to prepare the change and check $wgExtraNamespaces, $wgExtraNamespaces and the l10n in Proofreadpage code are coherent.

Change 337520 had a related patch set uploaded (by Dereckson):
Clean Wikisource namespaces

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/337520

Change 337520 merged by jenkins-bot:
[operations/mediawiki-config@master] Clean Wikisource namespaces

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/337520

Mentioned in SAL (#wikimedia-operations) [2017-04-13T18:57:29Z] <reedy@tin> Synchronized wmf-config/InitialiseSettings.php: Clean Wikisource namespaces T46320 (duration: 00m 43s)

Dereckson closed this task as Resolved.Apr 13 2017, 7:30 PM
Dereckson moved this task from To deploy to Done on the Wikimedia-Site-requests board.