Some edits require a bit of explanation. Our automatic edit summaries don't cover this completely. Therefore we should offer a way for experienced editors to provide more insight into edits.
- It needs to be unobtrusive
- It needs to give about 5 to 7 default explanations to chose from so they're still translatable. This list should depend on edit context - so for example be specific to edits in sitelinks.
- Get the list of default explanations.
- Bene's UI concept for surfacing the edit summaries is very good. It does not cover the selection part yet but instead lets the user enter free form text. This should only be a last resort for us as it can't be translated.
- Bene's code is at User:Bene*/statementfilter.js and should be built upon.