Page MenuHomePhabricator

[TUX] Loading of messages list fails in several ways for anonymous users
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

I'm not sure what's supposed to be working and what not, but looks like there's not a bug for this; Niklas says it's related to ULS on Meta, IIRC.
As anonymous, http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&taction=translate&language=it&group=page-Stewards&tux=1&filter=!translated&action=translate shows a spinning "Loading messages..." forever.
On the other hand if you select an aggregate group it works because the normal messages list is loaded: http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ATranslate&taction=translate&group=agg-Fundraising_2012&language=it&limit=100&task=untranslated&tux=1
Now if you switch to a subgroup (which doesn't look complete from the bars) you get "No messages to show.": http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&taction=translate&group=page-Fundraising+2012%2FTranslation%2FDrop+down+banner&language=it&limit=100&task=untranslated&tux=1&filter=
Now, the link "All" does nothing (another bug, same logged in), but if you ctrl-click "All" and re-add tux=1 (another bug) you get again the perennial "Loading messages..." http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&filter=&group=page-Fundraising+2012%2FTranslation%2FDrop+down+banner&language=it&limit=100&task=custom&tux=1&action=translate

Everything works and translations are saved with tux=0, and... perhaps even with tux=1, but I got lost in some English errors and now I forgot.


Version: unspecified
Severity: normal

Details

Reference
bz45893

Event Timeline

bzimport raised the priority of this task from to High.Nov 22 2014, 1:30 AM
bzimport set Reference to bz45893.
Nemo_bis created this task.Mar 8 2013, 11:03 AM

Should be deployed in an i18n deployment window or lightning window when fixed.

Once ULS change I796a7c9cce0de42bf8aa06b26e383e0075dbe1dd merged, this should get resolved

I just tested this on translatewiki's dev instance, and also on Meta with the latest deployment. All seems to be working fine.