On my user page https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:S_Page_%28WMF%29 and now on a test page https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:S_Page_%28WMF%29/VE_bugs every time I try to add a new section VE goes haywire
- Edit (with VE)
- Click at start of first heading ("welcomecreation...")
- Press Enter, it prepends new heading (good)
- Press up arrow to move up to this new blank heading.
- Start typing the heading, e.g. press 'X'
- That was wrong, so press Backspace (or left arrow)
The text of the heading underneath leaps above the new heading, joining text above it.
I can edit other parts of the document, but whenever I return to my new heading to add or backspace, the caret jumps elsewhere.
If I undo enough times, VE undoes to a state where the new header displays below the existing header. The document looks different to what it did before, but [Review and save] is grayed out.
I created a new document https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:S_Page_%28WMF%29/VE_bugs and similar stuff happens in that.
This is in Firefox 21 on Ubuntu, and mediawiki.org's VE as of today.