In the last few days I'm noticing some email notifications getting lost. In particular, I didn't receive any for these three edits https://commons.wikimedia.org/?diff=98423184&oldid=97502053 and for https://commons.wikimedia.org/?diff=98428697&oldid=98428551, while I did for https://commons.wikimedia.org/?diff=prev&oldid=98428551.
Steps to reproduce, assuming all relevant wiki configs are set properly (e.g. on Commons right now):
- Ensure Echo is not installed on the wiki
- On [[Special:Preferences]], check that email is confirmed and "Email me when my user talk page is changed" (enotifusertalkpages) enabled
- Visit your talk page [shouldn't be needed, but who knows]
- Logout, login with an alternate account (but not one flagged as bot, see T40874)
- Edit the page marking the edit as minor
Observed: no email notification is sent.
Expected: an email notification is sent.
"E-mail me also for minor edits of pages" is not a possible reason because
- it never applied to talk page notifications, see [[mw:Manual:$wgEnotifMinorEdits]];
- it's not even available on Special:Preferences, although it used to and I've no idea when it disappeared. https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Helder.wiki&diff=prev&oldid=712986