VisualEditor: Re-rendered transclusion of blocks comes back as wikitext, not HTML (eww)
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

Something's gone wrong with our PHP parser re-render call; on re-render of block templates only, you get {{template call|param}} rather than nice lovely HTML. Presumably something to do with our hack yesterday? Plzfixkthxbai.


Version: unspecified
Severity: major

bzimport set Reference to bz49854.
Jdforrester-WMF created this task.Via LegacyJun 20 2013, 3:32 AM
Jdforrester-WMF added a comment.Via ConduitJun 23 2013, 7:23 PM
  • Bug 49730 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
gerritbot added a comment.Via ConduitJun 27 2013, 7:16 PM

Change 70865 had a related patch set uploaded by Esanders:
Fix escapeParams in transclusions to not escape other transclusions

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/70865

gerritbot added a comment.Via ConduitJun 27 2013, 9:30 PM

Change 70865 merged by jenkins-bot:
Fix escapeParams in transclusions to not escape other transclusions

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/70865

Jdforrester-WMF added a comment.Via ConduitJun 27 2013, 9:54 PM

This should now be fixed and we will push it out this afternoon.

Jdforrester-WMF added a comment.Via ConduitJun 27 2013, 10:51 PM
  • Bug 50328 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Jdforrester-WMF added a comment.Via ConduitJul 1 2013, 2:58 PM
  • Bug 50361 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Mdennis-WMF added a comment.Via ConduitJul 11 2013, 3:04 PM

I'm not sure if this is the same bug, but English Wikipedia users report that when editing an infobox piped wikilinks display as [[word|word]] rather than as it will appear on save. It saves correctly.

I managed to replicate this. If this should be split off into another bug, sorry!

Jdforrester-WMF added a comment.Via ConduitJul 11 2013, 3:07 PM

(In reply to comment #7)

I'm not sure if this is the same bug, but English Wikipedia users report that
when editing an infobox piped wikilinks display as [[word|word]] rather than
as it will appear on save. It saves correctly.

I managed to replicate this. If this should be split off into another bug,
sorry!

That's bug 50801 which we're working on right now; re-closing this one. No worries. :-)

Add Comment