(Tested in Firefox 22 and Chrome 28)
Steps to reproduce:
- Open [[Portland Ice Arena (Oregon)]] with the visual editor.
- Click the hyperlink button (Don't select anything). The hyperlink window should pop up.
- Now click anywhere else in the article without entering any data in the hyperlink popup.
- An empty popup balloon will remain behind. There are no controls on that popup anymore.
- Click around the article a bit - eventually that balloon will be removed. However, the link button will now fail to work no matter what you do.
This may or may not be related to bug 48549, which seems to have been fixed in todays deployment.