Page MenuHomePhabricator

In the Persian Wikipedia, (fa.wiki), digits are not converted in the Echo notifications flyout
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

In the Persian Wikipedia, (fa.wiki), the digits are not converted in the Echo notifications flyout. The timestamps appear with European digits (0123456789), rather than Persian (۰۱۲۳۴۵۶۷۸۹).

It does work on my local test wiki, however. I tried to investigate it with Benny a bit, and we didn't understand why does it happen on fa.wiki.

There is some discussion about it at https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/85711/ .


Version: unspecified
Severity: normal

Details

Reference
bz54581

Event Timeline

bzimport raised the priority of this task from to Needs Triage.Nov 22 2014, 2:12 AM
bzimport set Reference to bz54581.

I also can repro this on fa.wikipedia.org but not with a local install, either on master or on 1.22wmf17 (version that's running live).

Code looks fine, offhand...

WEIRD

nzmoihue wrote:

Not just Echo, on https://bn.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E0%A6%AC%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%B6%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%B7:MobileDiff/1464318...1464320 "5 দিন পূর্বে" that is created by human timestamp (forget about "0 বাইট যোগ হয়েছে", this will fixed by https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/86233)

Prioritization and scheduling of this bug is tracked on Mingle card https://mingle.corp.wikimedia.org/projects/flow/cards/285

nzmoihue wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:ArticleFeedbackv5?uselang=fa "1 سال پیش" means one year ago must become "۱ سال پیش"

Change 88062 had a related patch set uploaded by Ebrahim:
Add convertNumber to localize last-modified digits

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/88062

nzmoihue wrote:

Sorry, this will just fix mobile article view bug on digits not the whole bug specially server side problems.

Change 88136 had a related patch set uploaded by Ebrahim:
Native digits on 'onGetHumanTimestamp'

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/88136

nzmoihue wrote:

^ this definitely will fix the bug. The difference between our local wikis and production wikis was lake of extension cldr, I installed cldr and observed the bug and fixed it.

Change 88136 merged by jenkins-bot:
Native digits on 'onGetHumanTimestamp'

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/88136

nzmoihue wrote:

The related patches deployed on Persian Wikipedia and fixed the bug.