Page MenuHomePhabricator

Script error mw.EmbedPlayerNative.js at line 0
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Details

Reference
bz56353

Event Timeline

bzimport raised the priority of this task from to Low.Nov 22 2014, 2:20 AM
bzimport set Reference to bz56353.

Other information:

  • OS: OSX 10.9
  • Browser: Firefox 24

Cannot reproduce, only relevant output I get for that URL and starting after pressing "Play" is:
[18:54:23.679] TypeError: vid is undefined @ https://bits.wikimedia.org/static-1.23wmf1/extensions/TimedMediaHandler/MwEmbedModules/EmbedPlayer/resources/mw.EmbedPlayerNative.js:473

Created attachment 14120
Screenshots with observation

(In reply to comment #2)

Cannot reproduce, only relevant output I get for that URL and starting after
pressing "Play" is:
[18:54:23.679] TypeError: vid is undefined @
https://bits.wikimedia.org/static-1.23wmf1/extensions/TimedMediaHandler/
MwEmbedModules/EmbedPlayer/resources/mw.EmbedPlayerNative.js:473

  1. What browser and operating system version was this report valid for?
  2. Why did you set observed JavaScript errors and confusing notitications as low priority? From what I can tell, this signifies "we are not worried about this" (per https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Bugzilla/Fields#importance). Is that a correct interpretation?

Updated observations:

  • Can still reproduce with Firefox 26 while logged on. Adding screenshot.
  • In Chrome 31, I get the following JavaScript error (both logged on and logged off): Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'readyState' of undefined. mw.EmbedPlayerNative.js:473 *

Attached:

It's low priority until somebody else can reproduce it, or until it happens with other testcases too. That's also why I set it unconfirmed (not reproduced by anybody else yet).

I'm running Firefox 25 on Fedora 20 when I tried again today; testing in comment 2 was Firefox 24 on Fedora 19, both being logged in.

I can confirm observations in comment 3 with Chrome 31 not being logged in on
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Nl-artritis.ogg?debug=true :

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'readyState' of undefined mw.EmbedPlayerNative.js:473
mw.EmbedPlayerNative.setCurrentTime mw.EmbedPlayerNative.js:473
(anonymous function) mw.MediaWikiPlayerSupport.js:257

I personally cannot reproduce (on firefox 3.5 and on google chrome Version 27.0.1453.81 beta, both on Linux)

At the end of the play, this is triggered:

dont show credits for audio elements,
seek to begining instead
if( embedPlayer.isAudio() ){
embedPlayer.setCurrentTime(0);
return ;
}

Which then causes the reported error, because the <audio> element is no longer there, but the setCurrentTime() code expects it to be there.

Change 174407 had a related patch set uploaded by TheDJ:
Fix undefined error on end of play of native <audio>

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/174407

Change 174407 merged by jenkins-bot:
Fix undefined error on end of play of native <audio>

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/174407

I could reproduce the JS error and Derk-Jan's changeset fixed it. Not sure if it was the original issue, though.

TheDJ closed this task as Resolved.Mar 21 2015, 6:48 PM
TheDJ claimed this task.

We've not had any further reports, so let's close this ticket.