I want to blank a page, and add new contents.
Steps to Reproduce:
Since this does not seem to happen on each page, I'll add the steps I followed to reproduce it.
- VEdit https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utente:Elitre_(WMF)/Sandbox_VE with Firefox and Monobook.
- Right-click, select all, delete.
- Click to re-gain focus.
- Type something. A pawn will appear.
- Review your changes. Notice that not all of the contents were actually deleted after #2. Also notice that some or all of your newly added text might be missing.
- Save the page. Your text (most or all of it) shouldn't be there. What you have are random chunks of old text. And your pawn :)
While reproducing, the following also occurred to me:
- After blanking, a weird cursor (like an arrow pointing up) appeared at the beginning of the line. After typing for a while, Back Space and the keyboard navigation arrows wouldn't work.
- When VEditing the page created after #6, blanking it and then clicking on a line to make the cursor appear resulted in fragments of words appearing. If I tried to type, I'd also get rapidly multiplying pawns.
(All these behaviors are not new to me.)
I expected the page to be really blank, and pawn-less :)