Currently we have several systems to list properties:
- Special:AllPages, namespace 120
- [[Wikidata:List of properties]] (WD:P), a manually classified list of properties
- Independent thematic property lists (Books task force, Template:Authority control properties, etc)
- Classes (Talk:Q15222213/class)
Many of these systems are inadequate to organize and list properties, since they rely on a lot of labor to mantain them or, when they are automated, they don't provide enough features (Special:AllPages).
A rational property system would allow:
- To support property metadata (https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=49554)
- To use such metadata to generate property classifications and classes
- Allow sorting, and build an automated "List of Properties"