Page MenuHomePhabricator

search api sporadically reporting errors
Closed, InvalidPublic


Asking for Lucene seemed to work more consistently. One of the errors:

PHP fatal error in /usr/local/apache/common-local/w/api.php line 3:
require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '/usr/local/apache/common-local/php-1.23wmf18/api.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/local/apache/common/php')

Version: unspecified
Severity: normal



Event Timeline

bzimport raised the priority of this task from to Needs Triage.Nov 22 2014, 3:06 AM
bzimport added a project: CirrusSearch.
bzimport set Reference to bz62608.
bzimport added a subscriber: Unknown Object (MLST).

Created attachment 14806
Error message after I refreshed a few times


Screen_Shot_2014-03-13_at_11.27.13.png (389×1 px, 74 KB)

The query worked fine, until I refreshed a few times. See attachment 14806 to see the error I got after it broke.

The error message doesn't relate to search, though, which is confusing. Adding Brad because he might have some insight.....

Not a search bug, not even really an API bug either. Operations/deployment thing, being handled on IRC. Marking INVALID.

This was caused by an error during the deploy. Hopefully it is a one off thing. I'll add a link to the "real" bug when/if I get one....

No bug was filed for the partial scap failure AFAIK, but here's what happened:
Several servers that were recently moved into the new row D in the eqiad data center failed to update during the scap that deployed 1.23wmf18 to the cluster. Once we figured out the servers that were effected I ran a dsh command to force them to sync with the state of the deploy server. This was successful and the partial outage ended.

This would have only effected the group0 wikis (test* and mw.o)