This can be seen by placing the cursor right at the beginning of any existing wikilinked word, then trying to add any kind of link.
User's expectation is that this changes the wikilink target with no corruption.
<<To reproduce this:
- [https://fr.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Boys_band&veaction=edit Edit Boys band on frwiki]
- In the history chapter, 4th paragraph, put the cursor before the S of the link to Super Junior
- Click on link icon in the toolbar
- Copy the URL <code><nowiki>https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/B.A.P</nowiki></code> in the link inspector and click Terminé
- When previewing modifications, you can see that it has been replaced by <code><nowiki>[[B.A.P]] [[Super Junior|<nowiki/>]][[B.A.P|Super]] Junior</nowiki></code> which shows several problems: there's a link without text displayed, the existing link has been cut in two
- And also, what is displayed in VE doesn't match at all what the result will be when saved:
- "Super" is displayed as an external link, but in the modifications preview, you see it's an internal link
- If you hover over "Super", both "Super" and "Junior" get underlined, but in the modifications preview, "Junior" is not inside the link
- "Junior" is displayed as an internal link, but in the modifications preview, you see it's now just text
- If you hover over "Junior", both "Super" and "Junior" get underlined, but in the modifications preview, "Junior" is not inside a link .>> Instructions by NicoV.