Before sending out notifications by email to accounts that will be affected by SUL finalization, we need make sure that email addresses are confirmed to accounts. Users are initially asked to do so when an account is registered by email, but often the account does not get confirmed.
This script will send a language-localized notification by email requesting confirmation of email. The plan is the send the notification the week of 8 December and set the cookie for 14 days.
We can't unify nor notify users if we don't know their email addresses for sure. This script was written last year by pgehres to solve the problem and by now it has translations in over 40 languages.
sendConfirmAndMigrateEmail.php --userlist $APPROPRIATE_LOCAL_LIST needs to be run on all wikis for those "non-attached accounts... with e-mail" [[mw:Admin_tools_development/SUL_Audit]]; unconfirmed emails are skipped automatically (cf. bug 54760) but could also just be removed from the input list.
- Class SendConfirmAndMigrateEmail *
- This maintenance script is used to resend confirmation emails to users with
- unattached accounts in the hopes that we will then be able to automatically
- attach some unattached accounts. In addition, by using an EmailableUser object
- we are able to override the contents of the email and send them to Special:MergeAccount
- instead of Special:ConfirmEmail and thus put them right into the workflow to attach
- accounts by password. *
- THIS MUST BE RUN ON THE LOCAL WIKI SO THAT THE EMAIL IS SENT IN THE CORRECT LANGUAGE */