Page MenuHomePhabricator

WikiGrok broken in beta - JS error
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

If you try to load WikiGrok on Beta Labs, it doesn't load and a Javascript error is thrown: Attempt to run module outside declared environment mode beta


Version: unspecified
Severity: normal

Details

Reference
bz73633

Event Timeline

bzimport raised the priority of this task from to Needs Triage.Nov 22 2014, 3:55 AM
bzimport set Reference to bz73633.
bzimport added a subscriber: Unknown Object (MLST).
kaldari created this task.Nov 20 2014, 1:32 AM

gerritadmin wrote:

Change 174616 had a related patch set uploaded by Kaldari:
Disabling mobile infobox experiment for now - throwing JS error

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/174616

gerritadmin wrote:

Change 174616 merged by jenkins-bot:
Disabling mobile infobox experiment for now - throwing JS error

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/174616

gerritadmin wrote:

Change 174620 had a related patch set uploaded by Kaldari:
Disabling mobile infobox experiment for now - throwing JS error

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/174620

can you elaborate. infobox should only be loading in alpha. of it's leaking to beta something is seriously wrong.

PS. please please please can we not self merge. I keep telling you this. It's not hard to get someone to +2 in our team size and I suspect you have misunderstood the problem here.

Jon: I didn't self merge. Max merged it. Also I'm not sure what you mean about misunderstanding the problem. I haven't claimed to understand the problem at all. I just disabled it for the time being. I didn't try to fix anything (other than to stop the JS error).

I think I found the problem: mobile.wikigrok.dialog has mobile.alpha listed as a dependency, thus it's going to try to run anything in mobile.alpha when wikigrok loads in beta. I'll fix it up and turn the infoboxes back on.

gerritadmin wrote:

Change 174620 abandoned by Kaldari:
Disabling mobile infobox experiment for now - throwing JS error

Reason:
Found the root cause...

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/174620

That sounds right :) I'm here to +2 the patch...

gerritadmin wrote:

Change 174631 had a related patch set uploaded by Kaldari:
Fixing dependency for mobile.wikigrok.dialog

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/174631

Patch submitted and waiting for +2 :)

If you're wondering why I turned infoboxes off without troubleshooting it further, it's because Maryana told me it was broken right as I was about to leave work, so I just traced the error and did a temporary fix (which would have been easier with a feature flag).

Needs work. Am on irc if you need to chat on can fix up myself.

gerritadmin wrote:

Change 174631 merged by jenkins-bot:
Fixing dependency for mobile.wikigrok.dialog

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/174631

gerritadmin wrote:

Change 174749 had a related patch set uploaded by Kaldari:
Fixing dependency for mobile.wikigrok.dialog

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/174749

gerritadmin wrote:

Change 174749 merged by MaxSem:
Fixing dependency for mobile.wikigrok.dialog

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/174749