Page MenuHomePhabricator

Activity under my old Bugzilla account is not associated with my Phabricator account (two email addresses)
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

I have two Bugzilla accounts. In 2006, I used the older one (Invitatious) to report or comment on at least five bugs or feature requests:

To claim this activity, I signed up for that email address on hotmail.com again, added it to my Phabricator account, and verified it. However, the Phabricator tasks have not been updated accordingly.

I suspect the migration script may be treating my old email address case-sensitively (Invitatious versus invitatious). I'll try deleting and readding the email address with matching capitalization to see if that's the problem.

Event Timeline

PleaseStand raised the priority of this task from to Needs Triage.
PleaseStand updated the task description. (Show Details)
PleaseStand changed Security from none to None.
PleaseStand added a subscriber: PleaseStand.

It seems to have gone half-through, i.e. in the same comment:

PleaseStand added a comment.Via Conduit · Jul 28 2006, 2:43 AM

Invitatious wrote:

Do you have now one Phabricator account with several email addresses (recommended) or different Phabricator accounts for each email address?

Qgil triaged this task as Medium priority.Nov 25 2014, 6:37 AM
Qgil renamed this task from Activity under my old Bugzilla account is not associated with my Phabricator account to Activity under my old Bugzilla account is not associated with my Phabricator account (two email addresses).Nov 25 2014, 6:49 AM
In T75818#783460, @Qgil wrote:

It seems to have gone half-through, i.e. in the same comment:

That was only after I removed and re-added the "Invitatious" (capitalized) email address as I described (and waited for the hourly cron job to run). I added the "invitatious" (lowercase) address within a day of creating my Phabricator account (on October 22). Unless there was some bug involving multiple email addresses that was fixed since the scripts were first run, case sensitivity would probably explain the problem I was having.

The "half-through" part (only comment metadata updated, not comment text, description text, or task metadata) may be a different bug. I think I already saw that happen for at least one other user's comment on some other task, though I don't remember which one.

Do you have now one Phabricator account with several email addresses (recommended) or different Phabricator accounts for each email address?

A single account, which I created using my LDAP credentials. Then I linked my MediaWiki.org account to that account. Then I added the "invitatious" (now "Invitatious") email address (and did not make it the primary address).

A few notes for troubleshooting these issues.

The case of "user comment is attributed but foo wrote: remains is what happens when viewing a comment that has been fixed but the remarkup cache has not yet been cleared. It is not performance friendly to clear this cache often so we only do it after batches and not individual users.

I haven't verified, but yes I do believe the email comparisons are case sensitive, but only if someone used case in the original system. We could look at changing it but it hasn't been a problem thus far.

I'm not sure where the idea that this job is run hourly came from. That is not the case at this time.

Yes, header data (author/cc/assignee) is a separate thing from comment metadata so them not being updated at exactly the same time is expected.

If I understand correctly this has all caught up, it was only a matter of waiting.

Qgil claimed this task.

This is indeed fixed. Time heals. Thanks for the explanation.

I'm not sure where the idea that this job is run hourly came from. That is not the case at this time.

Ah, I see that since I had last checked, two of the three cron jobs were changed to run daily instead of hourly.