There's a range of different loading indicators in our products.
Let's unify them.
Content translation - loading article (content).
Notifications - loading notifications (content)
Structured Discussion - loading more topics (content)
loading contents on infinite scroll
MobileFrontend - loading "nearby" articles (content)
VisualEditor - loading tool (tool)
- User:Splarka has done some analysis here to see how loaders work in different colored backgrounds.
- Relevant task about loading indicators should accelerate as it nears completion
- T78062: Determinate (progress bar) loading indicators are inconsistent.
Standard UI elements to use:
- Three (bouncing) dots for in-view loading content, for example RCFilters CodePen with dots indicator example at 16px. Depending on context product designers can also choose to go for 12px dot sizes.
- Loading progress bar as application loading indicator, for example VisualEditor OOUI Progress bar widget