Page MenuHomePhabricator

Phabricator project names and hashtags inconsistently use spaces, hyphens, and underscores
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

Related to T911, in the list of projects at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/query/all/, I noticed a few things:

  • Most of the projects (migrated Bugzilla components) use hyphens.
  • The names of release projects (e.g. "1.19.x release", migrated from Bugzilla's Target Milestone field) contain spaces. The corresponding hashtags contain underscores.
  • Projects such as "Browser_Support_Apple-Safari" (migrated from Bugzilla's Web browser field) use a mix of underscores and hyphens.
  • There are other project names (e.g. "WMF Design") that use spaces as well.

Event Timeline

PleaseStand raised the priority of this task from to Needs Triage.
PleaseStand updated the task description. (Show Details)
PleaseStand added a project: Phabricator.
PleaseStand changed Security from none to None.
PleaseStand added a subscriber: PleaseStand.
Qgil triaged this task as Normal priority.Nov 26 2014, 12:27 PM
Qgil added a subscriber: Qgil.

Thank you, this is very useful!

All these underscores and spaces need to be replaced by dashes. I will volunteer some time on this, since I feel co-responsible for overseeing the "typos" in the migrated projects. It's one of those tasks that can be crowsourced. :)

Browser_Support_somebrowsername → Browser_Support-somebrowsername? I don't see a need to get those results when entering "Support" but not a biggie. Thanks for catching this!

Qgil claimed this task.Nov 28 2014, 10:25 AM
Qgil removed Qgil as the assignee of this task.Nov 28 2014, 10:57 AM

I went through the list and fixed the cases not included in the two blockers above (release tags and WMF Design projects). There were not many, actually.

This family was interesting: tool-labs-tools-drtrigonbot---general. A triple dash. I left them after checking that search works.

I didn't get to capitalization, a similar topic.

jayvdb added a subscriber: jayvdb.Dec 29 2014, 4:06 PM
Qgil closed this task as Resolved.EditedJan 7 2015, 2:06 PM
Qgil claimed this task.

I believe this is fixed now.