The product management team requested to make all the features of ContentTranslation disabled and hidden unless the user enables it in the preferences as a beta feature.
As a Wikipedia user, I cannot see any ContentTranslation functions unless I enable it, so that everything stays the same.
- ContentTranslation features are not available in any way to users that have not logged in.
- ContentTranslation features are not available in any way to users that have logged in, but did not enable ContentTranslation as a beta feature. In particular:
- The red interlanguage link is not shown even if the user changed the UI language.
- Special:ContentTranslation is not shown at Special:SpecialPages.
- Going to Special:ContentTranslation shows the “No such special page” error.
- Going to Special:ContentTranslationStats shows the “No such special page” error.
- The ContentTranslation beta feature icon is updated to reflect that it pertains to the whole feature and not just the red interlanguage link.
- Pages that were created using ContentTranslation must show the appropriate revision tag in the page history, recent changes, etc. (as it was for HHVM).