So far, the most reliable way to reproduce the issue is like this:
- In Text Edit switch to plain text and type something - copy it
- In VE, on a new line type one word and in Edit Source add to the end of the line
- Paste the copied words from TextEdit - the text will be displayed on a new line pre-appended with ☀.
Sorry - some clarifications:
- type a word in TextEdit((Mac text editor) in plain text mode or in Notepad - select to copy
- in VE type word(s) on a new line
- switch to Edit Source - add to the previously typed word(s) (at the end of a line)
- save and switch back to VE
- position your cursor at the end of the line that has and paste the copied word from TextEdit(Notepad)
The pasted word will be on the next line with ☀ char.