As a user, I want to see videosin Media Viewer, so I can view them in larger size and with better controls.
We want to skin the current video player to be useful in the Media Viewer. These elements ne
- Play (large button, or click on video)
- Pause (small button, orclick on video)
- Volume control (mute option)
- Browsable time-line (with draggable progress indicator)
- Time indicator (current time/total time)
- Full screen (this is essential, as users expect immersive video experiences)
- Settings (speed, quality, format)
- Subtitles / closed caption
- Script / Transcript (link to sub-page, if one exists)
See this design exploration PDF on how Media Viewer design concepts can support different media types.
For specific design recommendations, review slides starting at page 9 (see mockup below, and notes below that).
- This would be done using the Kaltura player 2.0, which can be skinned as needed.
- Right now, we only plan to support WebM and Ogg/Theora (seeRfC aboutMPEG-4 support about other formats)
- Separate cards are being created for Audio support (see #163 ), Kaltura player 2.0 integration (see #164 ) and TimedMedia Handler upgrade (see #165 ).**
- We are setting up phone calls and in-person meetings with Kaltura in mid-February and early March to help us.
About Media Viewer
Read more on MediaWiki product page .
- #8 Media Viewer Front-End
- T77148 Play Audio Files in Media Viewer
- T77149 Integrate Kaltura Player v2 in Media Viewer
- T77150 UpgradeTimedMedia Handler