As a developer, I want to integrate the Kaltura Player v2in Media Viewer, so I can provide better performance, support more file formats and offer an improved audio-visual experience for our users.
We would like to integratethe Kaltura Player v2 in Media Viewer, to benefit from their their latest updates.
- Update all current players to the Kaltura Player v2, without Media Viewer
- Integrate the Kaltura Player v2 to play audio and videoinsidethe Media Viewer
- Confirm that these openfile formats play well, both within and without the Media Viewer, with no glitches:
- Video: WEBM,OGG
- Audio:OGG, WAV, MIDI and X-FLAC.
- The Kaltura player 2.0can be skinned as needed.
- Links to Kaltura player specifications will be added to this card shortly.
- We are setting up phone calls and in-person meetings with Kaltura in mid-February and early March to help us.
- We will coordinate this work with Michael Dale at Kaltura, along with his colleaguesItay Kinnrot and Asher Shiratzky.
- In the first implementation, we will go for whichever solution seems more practical from a development and community maintenance perspective, then incrementally improve the quality and optionsover time, in consultation with our community.
- See separate cards for Video support (see #162 ),Audio support (see #163 ) and TimedMedia Handler upgrade (see #165 ).
About Media Viewer
Read more on MediaWiki product page .
- #8 Media Viewer Front-End
- T77147 Play Video Files in Media Viewer
- T77148 Play Audio Files in Media Viewer
- T77150 UpgradeTimedMedia Handler