As a developer, I want to upgrade the Timed Media Handler extension, so I can integrate the Kaltura Player v2 on our sites.
In order to integratethe Kaltura Player v2 in current A/V viewers and inMedia Viewer, we need to make some joint improvements to theTimed Media Handler, in order to provide better performance, support more file formats and offer an improved audio-visual experience for our users.
- Upgrade Timed Media Handler (specific tasks TBD), to support the new Kaltura Player v2
- Confirm that it works well for playing audio and video,with inall current players, as well asMedia Viewer,with no glitches.
- Specific tasks required to upgrade Timed Media Handler to support theKaltura v2 player will be added to this card shortly.
- We are setting up phone calls and in-person meetings with Kaltura in mid-February and early March to help us.
- We will coordinate this work with Michael Dale at Kaltura, along with his colleaguesItay Kinnrot and Asher Shiratzky.
- In the first implementation, we will go for whichever solution seems more practical from a development and community maintenance perspective, then incrementally improve the quality and optionsover time, in consultation with our community.
- See separate cards for Video support (see #162 ),Audio support (see #163 ) and Kaltura Playerintegration(see #164 ).
About Media Viewer
Read more on MediaWiki product page .
- #8 Media Viewer Front-End
- T77147 Play Video Files in Media Viewer
- T77148 Play Audio Files in Media Viewer
- T77149 Integrate Kaltura Player v2 in Media Viewer