I bet this this related to thumbnail chaining (T69525)
How to reproduce:
- Upload a JPEG file (1,024 × 768 pixels) to Wikimedia Commons
- Try to get a 500px thumbnail (e.g. writing [[File:<name>|500px]] on a random page and hitting "preview")
When attempting to view this thumbnail, you'll get an error message similar to the following
Error generating thumbnail
Error creating thumbnail: convert: Empty input file `/tmp/transform_e680fcd173fa-1.jpg' @ error/jpeg.c/EmitMessage/242.
convert: missing an image filename `/tmp/transform_4d401c5ab2ee-1.jpg' @ error/convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/3011.
Error code: 1
I have already reproduced this with a test image. A couple of other images that are affected:
- File:Transit-lune-sat--22-mai-01.jpg (thumbnail)
- File:Da Vinzy - moon (by).jpg (thumbnail)
- more can be provided if necessary