User story: A quantity is given in meter on a Wikidata item. It shall be displayed in an infobox in feet.
- What and where does the user see conversions etc. ?
- Will there be an api module?
- Will there be preferences?
- What is done with imperial/metric systems?
Random collection of thoughts on unit conversion:
- Convert based on info provided by GnuUnits
- Conversion works between units that have a common base unit (with an appropriate factor)
- Conversion takes into account the precision interval to determine the significant number of digits.
- Support linear conversions (factor and offset)
- Need separate types for absolute vs. relative temperature
- Historical units are not convertible
- Currencies are units, but not convertible
- No conversion of unit-less numbers.
- Pseudo-units for "count", "factor", "coefficient", "ratio", etc?