I was talking on-wiki about an important Flow feature which I feel should be the top priority since its early days.
Make it possible for users to split, edit, re-assign author, indent, and move other users comments. This is necessary for backward compatibility and also for migration of classic talk pages to Flow.
TODO: create blocking tasks for each of the features being tracked on this one, so that each one of them can be properly prioritized:
- T88140: Moving topics between boards
- T92907: Moving Flow Posts between Topics
- Move a comment to another thread in the same page
- T95118: Allow changing the parent of a reply in a Flow topic (i.e. indent and/or outdent posts)
- T90054: Split topic
- Merge two threads (T97983: Flow should support splitting and merging messages)
- Split posts (T97983: Flow should support splitting and merging messages)
- T97986: Flow should support re-signatures
- Support nested threads (2 threads inside of one with relevant subheadings)
- Edit timestamps on other Flow posts (i.e. I split it into two, but allow setting the new post timestamp to the real old timestamp, not to now)
- These requirements (blockers for this tracking bug) on mw:Talk:Flow#Please write a migration script for LQT and classic talk pages...
- This and this comments on a topic on Portuguese Wikipedia
- mw:Flow/Prior discussion-thread-roundup:
- T93883: New Flow indentation model shows comments in the wrong order and level of indentation