There are a few outstanding things we need for, and so a new package version is needed.
|Resolved||hashar||T60772 common gating job for mediawiki core and extensions|
|Resolved||hashar||T69216 Have unit tests of all wmf deployed extensions pass when installed together, in both PHP-Zend and HHVM (tracking)|
|Resolved||None||T75521 Jenkins: Implement hhvm based voting jobs for mediawiki and extensions|
|Resolved||hashar||T73413 [OPS] hhvm 3.3.0-20140925+wmf3 has some annoying build dependency|
|Resolved||Krinkle||T75176 Make PHPUnit tests pass on Travis CI|
|Resolved||Krinkle||T75175 Make PHPUnit tests pass with hhvm/MySQL on Travis CI|
|Resolved||Joe||T75531 ApiFormatWddxTest::testValidSyntax fails in mediawiki-core-regression-hhvm-master test|
|Resolved||None||T74556 HHVM: not respecting time zone|
|Resolved||Joe||T84853 Build a new HHVM package|
Note T75531: ApiFormatWddxTest::testValidSyntax fails in mediawiki-core-regression-hhvm-master test is now resolved, spa new HHVM package is no more a blocker for CI (the job is even voting now).
Here the context and why I ended up deploying https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/178806/ asap.
The CI slaves used to have HHVM installed, but some refactoring of the mediawiki puppet classes I relied upon ended up no more installing HHVM. Hence new slaves created were lacking HHVM.
It was not much of an issue for CI since we had a single post merge job running MediaWiki core test which has been failing for the last six months and that nobody bothered looking at. We even disabled the on patchset proposal test we had because it was too slow ™.
Once the Wikimedia cluster has been switched from Zend to HHVM, folks eventually noticed we lacked HHVM tests. It has been escalated to Greg / RelEng team and I have dropped all my priorities to focus on getting the HHVM jobs ready.
So https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/178806/ is really to rush out apt-get install hhvm on all the CI slaves and making sure new slaves have the package. On review, Ori and Faidon vetoed the use of ensure => latest while Mukunda and Timo think it make sense since we have a few other packages using latest as well.
Anyway, I have deployed the change simply to get the hhvm package installed and work on the Jenkins jobs. It is merely done so I can come back to the change and figure out what the heck 'Debian unattended package' meant and how to set it up.