Parsoid hard-codes many things that should be configurable or automatically mirrored from MediaWiki configuration. Some need tuning depending on hardware and cluster details. Some could possibly be constants defined at the top of a file or class, but just using literals scattered all over the codebase is not really appropriate.
Here are some literals which I think are not appropriate:
- HTTP agent connectTimeout
- HTTP agent maxSockets
- ApiRequest setMaxListeners
- TemplateRequest timeout
- PreprocessorRequest timeout
- PHPParseRequest timeout
- ParsoidCacheRequest timeouts
- ConfigRequest timeout
- ImageInfoRequest timeout
- ParsoidService POST size limits
- WikiLinkHandler.prototype.renderFile() defaultWidth: this is configurable in MW and non-default on WMF. Parsoid has a literal setting it to the WMF value, so this is broken on non-WMF installations.
- WikiLinkHandler.prototype.renderFile() upright factor: should match $wgThumbUpright in MW