In order to make the appserver stack work in codfw, we need a memcached cluster there
|Resolved||Joe||T86894 Set up the mediawiki application layer in codfw|
|Resolved||Joe||T86888 Setup memcached cluster in codfw|
|Resolved||Papaul||T88693 Rebalance mc locations & update mgmt addresses for mc2001-mc2018 memcached servers in codfw|
|Resolved||Joe||T89086 Create a service_unit custom type for puppet that supports systemd|
|Resolved||None||T90456 Move network cable to the other port on codfw memcached hosts|
|Resolved||None||T90559 Console on mc2001 is unresponsive|
|Resolved||Joe||T90580 Console on mc2013 is unresponsive|
|Resolved||Papaul||T90883 mc2004 console is unreadable remotely|
All network ports have set descriptions and are now enabled in the private vlan for each row.
So IP allocation needs to be:
mc2001-2006 row a
mc2007-2012 row b
mc2013-2018 row c
I'll set this up shortly and then pull mac info for all the existing systems.
Is mc setup to be jessie at this point in time?
After spending almost one day on it:
- MAC addresses for all hosts are missing in the dhcp configuration (I am fixing it slowly, not easy as there is apparently no way of getting the intel NIC mac address from the drac
- All hosts between mc2001 and 2006 have flakey consoles, non had console redirection after boot enabled
- mc2001 seems not to be cabled correctly, when booted in PXE mode it doesn't reach the dhcp server
- mc2002 has the wrong port cabled
- mc2007 is in the same situation as mc2001
In general, I would request that all of the following gets verified:
- That console redirection after boot is enabled everywhere
- That the functioning of the console is verified after installation
- That the correct entries for the MAC addresses are put into the dhcp file
I will be installing mc2003 today, so please don't touch it, but I'd need you to verify all the other hosts please.