- They do not have syntax highlight
- They do not have CodeEditor
- They will not be subjected to syntax validation (T76204) and are loaded in many wikis
- They would probably be ignored by the new 'editsitejs' and 'editsitecss' user rights proposed in T72182
- They do not show up in mw-grep results used to update deprecated code (things like T86871 and T123314)
- Do they have proper caching?
- Are they ResourceLoader modules?
|Open||None||T116140 Banner editor should be more consistent with other editing (tracking)|
|Open||None||T86904 Use the appropriate content models for CentralNotice HTML, scripts and CSS|
- Mentioned In
- T155131: Allow HTML as contentmodel
T120084: Fundraising scripts should not use global scope
T539: Adapting Gadget-BugStatusUpdate.js to Phabricator
- Mentioned Here
- T123314: CentralNotice banner for Wikimania uses deprecated hideBanner
T86871: CentralNotice banner uses deprecated globals such as "wgUserGroups", "sajax_init_object" and "sajax_debug_mode"
I would love if we could implement this.
Similarly, the banner and campaign editors could be implemented as content type handlers rather than special pages. (Not sure if this is desirable?)