Page MenuHomePhabricator

Middle click on links in the source column tries to open page in the target wiki
Closed, ResolvedPublic1 Story Points

Description

From the original report:

...
//When I clicked on the links on the source page (in my case, english), they opened (or tried to) in the destination wiki (catalan, in my case), arriving to pages like ca:Rosemary, that don't exist.

The click I made on the link, it was not a simple click but a center-click with the mouse, that opens the link in a new tab in most browsers. I have checked and it is the same with a right click - open in new tab option.

Maybe it's not the most common way to use this tool, but I am really used to open links in new tabs. I don't know if it's easy to fix it, but it would be a great improve. I suppose I am not the only one opening links in new tabs.
...//

Middle clicks and right click-> open in new tab/window are quite common in everyday use when clicking on links. The expected outcome of these events when triggered inside CX will need to be reviewed.

Event Timeline

Arrbee created this task.Feb 3 2015, 5:39 AM
Arrbee raised the priority of this task from to Needs Triage.
Arrbee updated the task description. (Show Details)
Arrbee added a subscriber: Arrbee.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptFeb 3 2015, 5:39 AM
Amire80 triaged this task as High priority.Feb 4 2015, 1:44 AM
Amire80 set Security to None.
Arrbee lowered the priority of this task from High to Normal.Feb 11 2015, 2:45 PM
Arrbee moved this task from Backlog to Sprint 83 on the ContentTranslation-Release4 board.
gerritbot added a subscriber: gerritbot.

Change 190187 had a related patch set uploaded (by Santhosh):
Add middle click handler to links in source column

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/190187

Patch-For-Review

santhosh edited projects, added LE-Sprint-82; removed LE-Sprint-83.
santhosh moved this task from Backlog to In Review on the LE-Sprint-82 board.

Change 190187 merged by Jsahleen:
Add middle click handler to links in source column

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/190187

Arrbee moved this task from In Review to Done on the LE-Sprint-82 board.Feb 18 2015, 7:09 AM

I am not sure if it is done as I am new in Phabricator and not used to this tool, but the links are still opening wrong. For example, when translating "Scouting" from :en and clicking on "Brownie guide" I still go to https://ca.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownie_(Girl_Guides) instead of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownie_(Girl_Guides).

Thanks, Pau.

santhosh closed this task as Resolved.Feb 20 2015, 3:51 AM

@Paucabot, The code is deployed in Wikipedias 10 hours back. I tested in ca.wikipedia.now. If you still see the issue, please reopen this bug. Thanks

Thanks, santhosh. It works! Thanks for your work.

Pginer-WMF edited a custom field.Feb 24 2015, 2:27 PM