Based on https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Hackathons#Measures_of_success, as agreed in T88520: Goals and measures of success of the Wikimedia Hackathon 2015. It's the first time we apply this process, and we are doing our best to reply to all points.
- 200 participants (goal was 150)
- 30 nationalities (expectation was 20)
- 32 languages, T88521#1334300
- Affiliation: 131 belonging to WMF, chapters and users groups.
- Sponsored: Around 40
- 66 newcomers (checked "I'd welcome a chat with an insider" in the registration
- gender: 19,29% women
- 98 buddies confirmed (100% of the participants who requested a buddy on the first day got one assigned)
- 33 projects showcased, see T96378: Wikimedia Hackathon 2015 showcase
- Projects driven by volunteers/non WMF?: "Looking at names in T96378 I count 12 tasks with volunteer names, 13 with names of WMF/WMDE/etc, and 7 tasks with both volunteer and staff names."
- Any projects that the WMF decides to support after the event? 6, according to T101151: Evaluate which projects showcased at the Wikimedia Hackathon should be supported further
- Tasks resolved? (lesson learned: don't mix organization tasks with "genuine" hackathon tasks), https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/sprint/board/1018/query/5_5bmWmMXHRO/
- Overview of Wikimedia tech priorities and ongoing projects welcoming contributors, see T93064: Welcoming Newcomers session at the Wikimedia Hackathon 2015 (although there was low attendance of newcomers and room for improvement)
- How many newcomers & welcomers in welcoming session? 57 attending Mediawiki 101, 6 welcomers.
- 4 events introducing Wikimedia to local teachers, students, and entrepreneurs
- Social meetings and events: Quiz night, BBQ & Retrogaming evening.
- Costs and final balance: Total Cost is USD 126,027.00. Final Balance is USD -4,550.00, but may change soon. (Missing income in tables)
- How much funds pooled for volunteer travel sponsorship, and from whom: Total was USD 24,655. WMF gave USD 15,187.00, WMFr gave USD 6,016.00 and WMDE gave USD 3,452.00.
- Summary of participants survey: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Hackathon_2015/Lessons_Learned