Currently we are showing a red interlanguage link if the page is missing in your current UI language. This makes the access to Content Translation hard since it requires the user to have changed the UI language which does not happen often.
We can be much more flexible in the criteria by which we decide to show a red link. To do this we can incorporate some of the criteria used for guessing user languages in ULS:
- Previous languages selected
- Browser accept language (DONE)
- We should not show more than one red interlanguage link at a given time.
- We should only show the red interlanguage link when the corresponding article does not exist on the given language.
- We probably don't want to use the geo-IP criteria since it may be too broad.