Users may have friends that know other languages and want to ask them to get an article translated. This will enable a workflow like: "I created an article about Paneer and I ask a friend of mine to get it translated into Spanish since she knows the language and loves indian food".
- This needs a way to select users (possibly facilitating the selection by making it easy to choose frequent, recent, or connected users).
- This can work well in conjunction with T88581: Notify that your article has been translated by another user which will surface who are the users that are translating my articles, and I may want to contact them.
- User petitions to other users can be surfaced as one of the criteria in dashboards suggestions (T87439).
- the request may be for a collection of articles instead of an individual one.
- For the case where the request is targeted to the community as a whole, and not an individual user. Check T89650: Request a translation for an article (or collection of articles)