- Mentioned In
- T426: [Quarterly Goal] Create tested nightly builds
T805: Enable multiversion (het-deploy) on Beta Cluster (for nightly.wmflabs)
T1111: Add "Nightly" domains to Beta Cluster
T1112: Have Jenkins update nightly.wmflabs.org once per day
T1000: Update Beta Cluster status documentation (re Q3 intradepartamental priority)
We had a discussion about this during the RelEng team meeting today.
A couple items of note:
- The staging project might work better if it were couched as "Improvements to Beta"
- Narrows the focus a bit.
- Take any improvements from 2015-staging-work and apply them to beta: More recent distros, autoprovisioning based on hostname, etc.
- Able to ditch hosts that are misbehaving and simply rebuild them: would be a big win.
- End goal: problems from production are reproducible on beta.
- TODO before we begin this project: we'll probably need some serious ops buy in to make this a success
- Last time we had @yuvipanda which made puppet progress a lot easier
- We should involve ops in the planning stages (e.g., now-ish)